Problems

My 76 Fj40 with the Chevy 350 just died and I need some help.  What
happened was. . .I was comming back from Sand Lake (Oregon) when I
suddenly lost power and the truck started to back fire really bad and
missed like there was no tomarrow.  I found a place to pull over and
parked it.  It would idle but would not accelerate.  I hit the gas and it
would miss, backfire and not do a darn thing.  I checked to see if the
distributor was tight, it was.  Could there be a problem with my
distibutor, what about my timing chain?  I know the timing chain is not
broken because it idles, but I coul have jumped a cog or something.  Is
there anything else that could have gone out that quickly?  We have had
problems keeping it timed in the past but never had this happen.

       |----------------------------------------------------------|
       |                      Andy Marshall                       |
       |	              Oct. 1975 FJ40                      |
       |                        TLCA #4893                        |
       |                   amarshal@xxxxxxxxxxxx                  |
       |    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3694/index.html    |
       |          /          TOYOTA           \	        	  |
       |         /        LAND CRUISER         \                  |

Toyota Land Cruiser Association