Poor cooling in Chevota

  I forget who it was who was having trouble keeping his Chevota
running cool, but there's an el-cheapo fix that just *might* work.

  It's a flat circular plate that attaches to the 'propeller' in the
water pump.  It keeps water from bypassing the blades through the
middle section.  It costs something like $5 from Summit.  I remember
seeing the thing in the catalog, but now I can't find it.  It claimed
to increase coolant travel by 60%.  For $5 it's worth a try (better
than a new radiator!)

  Mike Graham, TLCA #5047
  <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

  1981 BJ42 24V Diesel Land Cruiser "The Chew Toy"

  Find the ORDFAQ at <http://www.off-road.com/~mike>

  Diesel Technical LandCruiser list - <DTLC@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Toyota Land Cruiser Association