[3FE] Re: Transfer Case Rebuild

Funny how things work out...

What Rodney says here..."Disconnect the Low/High Linkage LEAVING the
leaver on the shaft that leads into the transfer."

That is a really important step.  Didn't do it on mine and this
weekend when we were getting the whole thing back together the shaft
slipped back down into the transfer case...

Needless to say not to happy of a time there.  After resigning
ourselves (Andrew is STILL THE MAN btw)to taking apart the transfer
we took off the PTO cover.  GOOD THING I bought a Macnamara gear,
because if the PTO gear was still in there I dont think we would
have been able to wiggle a LONG screwdeiver over to the other side
of the transfer case and push up the shaft enough to get ahold of it
to attach the linkage.

So follow what Rodney says here....

Jack

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used