[3FE] Mini Truck Calipers

I have made the decision to persue installing the dual 40 mm piston
calipers on my white truck. I have read and reread the info that Jim
Godwin has loaded into the files section under Lessons Learned -
Calipers. Anyone know of any additional info that may be of some
help? The caliper to wheel clearance is a concern as is the 7/8" bore
master cylinder the 62s have and I would like to fit a 1" bore M/C. I
loaned my "street" aluminum wheels and 33" BFG ATs to a friend with a
mini truck last weekend and was kind of surprised at the results. His
truck has the 40 mm calipers and there was at least an inch clearance
between the calipers and wheels. On my truck, there is only as much
clearance as was created when I ground the 62 calipers down to fit
the wheels. Are the mini truck calipers even thicker around the pads
than the 62s?
Diving in head first.
LSC

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used