Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 6:00 AM
Subject: [3FE] A440F Origins - Rodney?

Hello Rodney!
You have made the statement that the A440F is a heat monster several times and I am curious as to why. Do you know what the A440F was originally developed for use in? I've heard that it was for a 2-1/2 ton bus of some sort but would like to know, definitively, what it was first used in by Toyota, or anybody else for that matter. If it was made for a large bus, why then does it create so much heat in our "little" trucks? Thanks!
Steve