[3FE] Re: Transmission Heat

ooooh ooooooh oooooohh Me too.(Hand raised and waving)
I have an ongoing diagnosis in the works that realtes to this.

I have posted several questions about Transmission heat and the
tornadic hot winds that seem to come from the shifter area.
My symptoms though, also included the AT oil temp light.
Look in the files area and do a search for info on Auto
Transmissions. I have since flushed my tranny and t-case.
Performance has improved and it even diminished the R - D clunk when
shifting from n or park. The heat, damnit, is still around.
I am hoping that a filter cleaning and or change will help with the
heat.

Cats are another idea though. Could be that I have two problems and
the heat is actually exhaust.

Davis

--- In 3FE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Arron Thompson" <toyotaman@xxxx> wrote:
> Russell,
>
> I'm in way late on this, but I have noticed the same on our 62
with
> 190k on it.  I don't know if it's the transmission.  Maybe it's
the
> cats?  I know that I can't touch the rocker panel after I drive on
> the highway because it's too hot.  My exhaust replacement is in
the
> works, but this head thing has postponed it. :(
>
> Maybe your cats are getting too hot like mine?
>
> Arron
>
> --- In 3FE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Russell Smock <stumper_man@xxxx> wrote:
> > Been lurking the list for a while, but this is my
> > first 'post'. I have an 89 with about 204k miles. I
> > have noticed recently that the tranny is heating up
> > quite a bit. THe ATF light is not coming on, but I can
> > feel the heat in the cab, around the parking brake
> > lever and center console. I just replaced the tranny
> > gasket, drained and refilled the tranny. The fluid
> > that came out was in good shape, not burnt and no
> > deposits in the pan, it all looked great. Any one have
> > any ideas as to why all the heat, what could be the
> > cause, and what I might be able to do to cool it down
> > some?
> > Thanks for the insight and help
> >
> > Russell

> > http://mail.yahoo.com