[3FE] Re: Transmission running cool again

--- In 3FE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Baker" <ezbaker@xxxx> wrote:
> Todd,
>
> Awesome! I am trying to learn by others successes, and hearing this
> makes me happy.  I spent Sat afternoon T/S my gal-pal's tranny, which
> has recently overheated (in park, at idle!).... snip

I think that is the most likely time for this to happen. Sitting still, the least flow.

>Will also try to convince her of the need for the external
> cooler.

Make a killer birthday gift. ;)

  The fluid BTW was black, with a hint of deep rose in the
> meniscus.  She's had the Cruiser 4 years, and has never had the fluid
> replaced on her daily driver.

You need to get that fluid out of the torque converter as well. There's way too much in
there to skip it.

> --Did you use the engine to flush, or take it in to a shop to do
> that?

Took it to a shop, had it flushed twice.

TJK

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/1lFslB/TM