Re: [3FE] Re: 80 series windshield leak

Seems to be a chronic thing on Cruisers. I have now had five FJ6* bodies through my shop. Every one has had wet/rust/holes in this lower corner. In fact, I will be patching my DS corner on my 1989 FJ62 either today or tomorrow. I will also be having my auto glass guy reinstalling with a full bedding of sealant. Get it taken care of...I cut and patched my drivers side floorboard yesterday! That carpet padding and footrest really hold the water. I do not see any evindence of leaking gutters, but I will be doing this step anyway.

Mitch
----- Original Message -----
From: feistc2003
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 1:16 AM
Subject: [3FE] Re: 80 series windshield leak

Bernie,

My 80 leaked (ok, leaks; I haven't fixed it yet) from the windshield.
After a heavy rain I can see water pooling on the inside of the
gasket on both the driver and passenger side corners. Maybe that's
what you've got?

Curtis

--- In 3FE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bernie & Cathy Pollard <kathburn@c...>
wrote:
> So that's where that bl**dy leak comes from! An 80, right?
>
> Bernie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here